David Y. Gin New Investigator Award
Awards and Fellowships
Presented annually at the Spring ACS National Meeting
The David Y. Gin New Investigator Award acknowledges and encourages outstanding contributions to research in carbohydrate chemistry by scientists in the first seven years of their independent career.
The nominee must have made outstanding contributions to carbohydrate chemistry.
The candidate must be within their first seven years of their independent career.
A Nomination Form has been developed as a guide and should not restrict the scope of the nomination.
Nomination forms are due annually in July. Below is a downloadable sample form from 2019.
Other information required:
1. Curriculum Vitae of nominee indicating:
- Degrees received
- Positions held since graduation
- Previous awards for professional work following education
- List of publications and patents
2. Two supporting letters; one from primary and another from the seconder. A third letter from another supporter (does not need to be an ACS Division of Carbohydrate Chemistry member) may also be provided.
|M. H. D. Postema||2003||L. -X. Wang||2004|
|Z. Guo||2005||M. W. Peczuh||2006|
|A. V. Demchenko||2007||X. Chen||2008|
|X. Huang||2009||P. R. Andreana||2010|
|J. C. Glidersleeve||2011||M. D. Disney||2012|
|P. Wu||2013||C. -Y. Wu||2014|
|M. Pratt||2015||X. Chen||2016|
|Z. Tan||2017||R. Derda||2018|