The Horace S. Isbell Award
Awards and Fellowships
Presented annually at the Spring ACS National Meeting
The Horace S. Isbell Award acknowledges excellence in and promise of continued quality of contribution to research in carbohydrate chemistry. The winner must be under the age of 45 at the time of the award.
The nominee must have made outstanding contributions to carbohydrate chemistry.
The winner must be under the age of 45 at the time of the award.
A Nomination Form has been developed as a guide and should not restrict the scope of the nomination.
Nomination forms are due annually in July. (Below is a sample form from 2019).
Other information required:
1. Curriculum Vitae of nominee indicating:
- Degrees received
- Positions held since graduation
- Previous awards for professional work following education
- List of publications and patents
2. Two supporting letters; one from primary and another from the seconder. A third letter from another supporter (does not need to be an ACS Division of Carbohydrate Chemistry member) may also be provided.
|D. C. Baker||1987||A. S. Serianni||1988|
|K. B. Hicks||1989||J. C. Martin||1990|
|M. Yalpani||1991||B. M. Pinto||1992|
|H. W. Liu||1993||R. J. Linhardt||1994|
|D. E. Kahne||1995||G. L. Cote||1996|
|C. Bertozzi||1997||M. K. Dowd||1998|
|J. Gervay-Hague||1999||L. L. Kiessling||2000|
|K. G. Rice||2001||P. G. Wang||2002|
|P. H. Seeberger||2003||G. J. Boons||2004|
|T. L. Lowary||2005||D. Gin||2006|
|D. P. Arya||2007||B. Davis||2008|
|G. A. O'Doherty||2009||N. L. Pohl||2010|
|X. Huang||2011||X. Chen||2012|
|D. Vocadlo||2013||L. Hsieh-Wilson||2014|
|K. Tanaka||2015||M. Nitz||2016|
|L. K. Mahal||2017||H. M. Nguyen||2018|